Night Support Worker
Night Support Worker
Salary: £22,968 per annum pro rata
Hourly pay equivalent based on a basic salary of £14,976.00 per annum, a Market Rate Allowance of £3,000.00 and also incorporates enhancements for working nights as part of a typical rota.
Contract Type: Permanent, Part-time
The ogansisation is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
The Night Support Worker will ensure that the direct access hostel service is maintained throughout the night. You will provide support to our clients and ensure the security of the building, making certain that the communal areas and offices within the hostel are maintained to the appropriate standards. As a direct access hostel team member you will be working with another waking night worker at all times, and have access to an on-call manager. You will also work with the Direct Access Hostel Workers to support our clients to bring about positive change in their lives, being creative in your approach and understanding of their needs.
We are looking for someone who is:
* Able to listen to clients
* Trustworthy, reliable and will always do they say they will, when they say they will.
* Flexible and adaptive with how they work.
* Committed to making the time they work with clients constructive and fun.
* Chatty, polite, and a clear communicator
* Caring, respectful and fair
We need someone who is calm and down to earth, easy to get along with, knowledgeable in housing and have experience working clients with problems around alcohol and drugs. It would also be great if you could be a good pool player too!
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like you're ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible! Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment - so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew, to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details.