Finance Assistant- Grade C
KTS Academy is a specialist educational provider for pupils and young adults with SEND. The Academy is split over three campuses and received outstanding in our latest Ofsted report.
Finance Assistant- Grade C
LEVEL 3 - Under the Instruction/ guidance of the Office Manager: provide general administrative / financial support to the Academy.
- Undertake reception and admin duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Undertake financial duties, process orders and invoices and manage the Academies petty cash and private fund monies.
- Manage pupil’s attendance records through SIMS Management Liaising with the attendance officer.
- Provide general/clerical admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, complete standard forms, respond to routine correspondence.
- Assist in the management of manual and computerised records/ information systems.
- Analyse and evaluate data/ information and produce reports/ information/ data as required
- Produce lists/ Information/ data as required e.g. pupils data
- Input pupils attendance Information into SIMS Management
- Manage pupils dinner money and records
- Manage the Academies private fund, petty cash records and other monies
- Process orders and Invoices
- Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Assist in administrative and organisational support to the Governing Body
- Take notes in meetings
- Undertake administrative procedures
- Undertake routine administration of school lettings and other uses of school premises
- Operate relevant equipment / ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, internet )
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others
- Undertake general financial administration e.g. processing orders and monies
- Be aware and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist in the monitoring and planning evaluation of the budget as required
- Show a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with health and safety requirements at all times.
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
- General clerical/administrative/financial work
Knowledge / Skills
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid
- Effective use of ICT packages
- Effective use of SIMS Management
- Use of relevant equipment / resources
- Good key board skills
- Knowledge of relevant policies / code of practice & awareness of relevant legislation
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as a part of a team, understand school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Ability to identify own training & development needs & co-operate with means to address these.
- Financial Qualification
- Good Numeracy/ literacy skills (A-C GSCE Equivalent)
For an application pack, please visit our website via the APPLY BUTTON.