Relief Forklift Operative
My client is looking to recruit a Relief Forklift Operative for a 3 month contract, to work from their busy and fast paced depot in Calne. You will be extremely efficient, responding to customer needs and assisting with all daily routines.
- To move stock by hand and using a forklift.
- To clean and fettle all returned hire fleet and equipment.
- To load product and stack against picking lists and other authorised documentation.
- To unload, segregate and arrange ID of incoming equipment (both non-hire and hire equipment).
- To inspect for any damage equipment in accordance with the quality manual.
- To carry out duties as requested by Charge-hand / Supervisor / depot Manager to the required standard.
- To check that loads are correct before dispatch to a customer, ensuring both quality and quantity are accurate.
- To record receipt of loads following return from hire or goods received from supplier.
- To assess and record (or report) incoming stock accurately.
- To drive/utilise any work equipment that you have been trained and authorised to use.
- To perform these duties in a safe and efficient manner this may also include the need to be flexible in working hours to meet company objectives.
- Ensure goods are loaded safely and are checked for both quality & quantity. This may include Manual Handling to current safe guidelines.
- Equipment may include (but is not limited to): Gantry crane, Forklift trucks, hydraulic testing equipment, small electrical tools, welding equipment, power wash machinery.
All applicants must be immediately available and hold a current Counter Balance Forklift licence.
To apply for this role, please contact Suzi Dean on – 01380 738300.