Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Assist in the operation of the library, sections and projects within the service.
This role may require flexible and weekend working.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer
Informal enquiries to Anne Greig Tel: 01651 871202
- Customer care duties by welcoming and assisting members of the public, school and visitors to the facility as applicable.
- First point of contact for enquiries, responding appropriately by telephone, in writing, by e-mail or in person and re-directing as appropriate.
- Shelve stock ensuring shelves are kept tidy, in the correct location and in the correct order.
- Assist in promotional activities, as required.
- Record and provide information through appropriate systems, updating and maintaining records, files and databases in line with corporate records management standards
- Assist in the collation, preparation and provision of information; verifying and validating as necessary
- Accept and process cash for charged library services
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or willing to achieve this within 2 years.
- Customer facing experience
- Flexible approach and ability to work in other departments as designated
- Good telephone manner
- Interest in books, reading, information work and resources
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good numeracy skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication and organisational skills
- ICT skills, along with an interest in developing these skills.
- Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5 in English, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills.
- Experience providing library services
- Cash receipting experience
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Library Assistant Academy and Community Agreed June 2016.pdf