Audit & Business Assistant
Do you put professionalism and proactive thinking at the heart of everything you do?
We are Scotland's public sector auditor, independent of Government - we employ around 280 talented professionals who know that their work helps ensure the efficient and effective delivery of public services across Scotland. Audit & Business Assistants help make this important work happen by providing world-class business support to our various client facing audit teams. We've recently restructured our Business Support function and are seeking an experienced customer service professional to join our small but dynamic team.
How you make a difference
Working flexibly between Edinburgh and Glasgow (and some occasional travel to Inverness), you go out of your way to meet business needs. You enjoy getting out and about working with all teams and enjoy the variety this brings to your working day, including:
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do. Making internal clients happy is what motivates you most.
- You draw on your superior knowledge of what exceptional administrative support looks and feels like and know how to take the pressure off your partner teams to let them focus on the business of audit.
- You are proactive, spotting areas for improvement (i.e. enhancing what is already in place and sometimes introducing new ones) and taking steps to prevent problems from arising in the first place.
- You are not fazed by new technology and are confident setting up presentation/video conferencing/AV equipment to enable meetings to run smoothly.
- You understand the needs of colleagues and are inquisitive and interested in all things going on at Audit Scotland so that you provide effective support for colleagues.
- You are a real team player who enjoys being around people, working as part of a high performing team. By nature you are always supportive, and fundamentally helpful.
Specific Knowledge and experience
Being an experienced customer service professional goes without saying (perhaps in a customer service focussed environment or project support role), and if you have the following we would love to hear from you:
- Good standard of education, perhaps some higher/further education qualifications or even better some specific customer care training/qualifications.
- Previous working experience in a shared service environment
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office skills (including Sharepoint)
- Experience of supporting projects and perhaps project management toolsUsing your initiative to add value and identifying where improvements can be made and processes improved
- You may have worked in the public, private or 'third' sectors. Most importantly you can share your forward thinking ideas on how you can make a difference in improving support service and deliver a truly fantastic customer experience.
Working with us
We live by our values and there's a real sense of community here at Audit Scotland. We have a great bunch of people and you'll join a forward thinking Business Support team made up of Executive Support (5 people), Client & Services (3 people) and Audit & Business (7 people) who are committed to being world class in everything we do. Working for Scotland's public spending watchdog will be challenging. But equally, it's extremely rewarding, so we have put in place a very competitive package.
Simply click the apply button and fill in our short online application form. We've reserved Tuesday 13 December 2016 to meet short-listed candidates and get to know each other better.