Cook (Commis Chef)
Cook (Commis Chef)
Do you have a flair for cooking and are an up and coming Commis Chef who’d love to develop a career in a prestigious seafood café where you’ll be encouraged to utilise your creativity in the kitchen? Perhaps you’re currently stuck in a rut, cooking the same things every day for a big chain and frustrated with an unchangeable laminate menu? If you want to be part of a crew in a company that will welcome you showing off your love for cooking and support your career development, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be part of Enochs’ voyage transitioning from local chippy to top notch fish cafés throughout North Wales!
Established in 1969, Enochs Fish and Chips prides itself on high quality food, exceptional customer service, and being an ethical and sustainable business. Enochs’ goal is to create a chain of successful, ethical, sustainable seafood restaurants; with a focus on looking after the planet as well as the people that work for them. Enochs is a company you can be proud to work for; accredited with a Sustainable Restaurants Association award, an Investors in People award, the company is within the top three restaurants on TripAdvisor, featured in national magazines and papers and shortlisted for Takeaway of the Year. The ambitious business has two restaurants in North Wales with exciting expansion plans.
As a Cook, you’ll work as part of the cohesive and super-friendly Llandudno Junction crew, ensuring production and service work together beautifully to deliver the highest quality food through incomparable customer service. You’ll prepare Enochs’ legendary fish and chips and other dishes in a busy kitchen ready for service, but will also need to get your creative juices going as you’ll be involved with conjuring up weekly food specials for loyal customers, and suggesting and supporting the development of new systems.
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Enjoy cooking with a keen eye for detail
- Self-reliant and can work independently as well as part of a team
- Understand great service and the need to make customers feel special; you see customers as welcome guests, and will do anything to make them happy and comfortable
- Approachable and able to communicate well with not only the customers but also the rest of the crew
- A great outlook on life, level headed, sensible and consistent in nature, trustworthy and reliable
- Flexibility and willingness to take on other jobs when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the business, such as serving on the counter (it’s quite a social job)
- Ethical outlook with a focus on the environment, sustainability and community, and will continually facilitate in maintaining the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) accreditation
- Can comfortably lift 25kg in weight
- Ability to work well under pressure and at pace
- Basic reading, writing and numeracy skills
The following skills and knowledge would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Previous experience within a catering environment
- Previous experience working with fish
- An understanding of health and food safety
- Welsh speaker
- Basic computer skills
Enochs are constantly looking to grow and improve their business, so this is a great chance to develop your skills. Enochs are all about innovation and thinking outside the box, and love testing theories and trying new approaches. If you’re the kind of person that constantly tries to make positive changes in your job, but don’t get any support or autonomy to do so, then you’ll love the opportunities that this role offers. Enochs promote a fun team culture where company activities are organised, such as team days out and food tastings to name a few.
Enochs like team work, and the crew have lots of fun, both on shift, and when out socially. It's a cliché, but you really must be a team player if you want this job.
Salary: £14,625 - £15,600 per annum, level dependent on current experience
Hours of Work: You’ll be working 37.5 hours per week over 5 days out of 7, on a rota covering the opening hours of 8:30am – 10:00pm.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Llandudno Junction, easily accessible near the A55 (Conwy County, North Wales)
This Cook (Commis Chef) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Enochs Fish and Chips. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Enochs Fish and Chips, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Enochs Fish and Chips requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.