Painter & Decorator – Building / Facilities Maintenance Person (AWDO-P2918)
Painter and Decorator / Building / Facilities Maintenance Person with a good eye for detail and preferably with an NVQ qualification in painting and decorating or previous commercial experience required for a Capital Improvements Team with a European Company based in London.
BASIC SALARY: £9.40 per hour
BONUS PAYMENTS: There is the potential to earn up to one month’s salary
BENEFITS PACKAGE: 5.6 Weeks Holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays, Car Park Season Ticket 24x7, Pension Scheme (with Death in Service Cover)
WORKING HOURS: 40 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
** A Full Driving Licence is Essential **
KEY REQUIREMENT: Painters and Decorators – Ideal candidates will have a good level of experience in Painting and Decorating, with an emphasis on painting, which will include good working knowledge in how to prepare, prime and paint a range of different surfaces.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Painter and Decorator that has previous commercial experience painting and decorating.
Candidates that also have multi-trade experience covering Carpentry and Plumbing would be very desirable, although not essential.
Working as the Painter and Decorator you will join the Company’s Capital Improvements Team covering the London and South East sites.
As the Painter and Decorator you will provide efficient and effective general painting and decorating support to sites based in London and the South East ensuring they are maintained in accordance with the Company’s required standards.
As a successful candidate you will understand the need for flexibility and to take on duties that may be deemed part of the role.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Multi-Skilled Building Maintenance Technician include:
- Working with the Company’s Project Teams to assist in refurbishment works
- Carrying out painting of Company assets in line with refurbishment plans
- Installation of furniture and other equipment
- Carrying out minor plumbing, building and carpentry tasks if you have the required skill set
- Completing administrative tasks accurately and on time
- Liaising with contractors and other workers
- Follow proper procedures for procurement of supplies and materials
- Keeping the Capital Improvements Team informed of progress
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous commercial maintenance experience
- Must have previous commercial painting and decorating experience
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and building maintenance would be highly desirable, although not essential
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel
- A full driving licence is essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in London and South East England