C++ Software Engineer – CSEC
Citadel Securities is the world’s premier securities dealer. We transform financial markets around the world through modern predictive analytics and high performance computing. Enabled by our leading edge trading and execution technology, we are on a mission to create the fairest, most cost effective, transparent and democratized markets in history.
We stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of our time, and the best and brightest are drawn to Citadel’s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world:
Chicago * New York * London * Hong Kong * Toronto * Shanghai * Shenzhen
Software Engineers in Citadel Securities are responsible for designing, building and optimizing our electronic trading platform. Engineers will work closely with our researchers, simulation and live traders to perform various functions, including the development of our core-trading infrastructure, designing low-latency, high-throughput trading systems and working with the research team to identify and optimize critical bottlenecks in research and production trading.
Roles in Citadel Securities/Market Making require a strong knowledge of low-level optimization (we have to be fast and smart), interest in algorithmic trading, data analysis/design, risk management and application development. Engineers will gain exposure to quantitative trading while working in our fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our engineers work on projects from inception through to deployment, and are expected to take real ownership of the assets they are building.
- Design and develop of high-performance C++ components used by trading applications. Propose new designs and modify existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
- Engineers will work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Research and traders.
- Contributing to market making infrastructure codebase.
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core-trading applications.
- Working with Traders and IT Support to test and release new features.
- Developing enhancements to assist Quantitative researchers.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
- Work as part of an established, experienced development team to build best in class technology platforms integrated with real time trading paradigms.
- Provide timely systems support for trading activities. Be able to identify problem quickly and turn around with new software.
- Expert level of C++ including experience working with C++ 14
- Advanced understanding of C++ templates including experience with template meta programming.
- A strong understanding of the x86 architecture.
- Professional experience with multi-threaded application design and development.
- Experience with key languages, e.g. Python, R, Perl, shell scripting.
- Knowledge of different UNIX IPC mechanisms (sockets, shared memory, semaphores, etc.).
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Demonstrable ability to think through and debug problems.
- Strong critical reasoning skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, applicable to a dynamic trading environment.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum. MS Degree preferred.
Apply for C++ Software Engineer – CSEC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly