Senior Town Planner/Town Planner
Title: Senior Town Planner/Town Planner
Reports to: Director/ Principal Town Planner
Location: Central London
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £Competitive (on application) + benefits
We are highly successful independent consultancy providing strategic, technical and management advice and assistance to clients during the development and implementation of major infrastructure projects. We are engaged in some of the most high-profile infrastructure projects in the UK and are seeking to expand our Planning and Consents team.
To provide town planning services for both public and private sector clients in the transport and property sectors on major infrastructure and regeneration projects in London and other regions of the UK.
Key elements of the job:
* Assembly and submission of planning and consents applications including Town and Country Planning Act submissions, Development Consent Orders, Transport & Works Act Orders and Parliamentary Bills.
* Research into relevant town planning policy, the legislative framework and specific legislation applicable to a particular project or sector at an early stage in the project development and planning process, in order to be able to provide strategic advice on the town planning requirements.
* Carrying out and/or assisting in negotiations with key stakeholders including local authorities, other statutory bodies and third parties, to reach agreement on planning matters.
* Management of EIA projects, including screening and scoping reports.
* Provision of guidance to engineers/architects on the production of drawings and supplemental planning information in relation to planning submissions
* Monitoring and/or advising on construction related activities to ensure that planning consents and directions are fully complied with
* Participation at public consultation and community liaison events
* Preparation of evidence for Public Inquiries
Expected Skills and Experience
* A good degree in a relevant discipline
* Preferably have achieved chartered status and membership of RTPI
* Good report writing and oral presentation skills
* Self-motivated and well organised
* Good interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality
* A flexible and adaptable approach
* Team player
* Experience in development and/or delivery of major infrastructure projects
* Awareness/familiarity of the consents and TWA processes
* Knowledge of heritage issues
Remuneration Package - benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Annual performance bonus
* Private healthcare
* 25 days annual leave
For more information, or to apply, please click 'Apply' below.