Permanent SEN Teaching Assistant - Horsham
Permanent Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) - Nr Horsham
£13,826 to £15,342 per annum
Starting January 2017- Interview Date: 7th December 2016
Are you a fun and dynamic individual that dreams of working in a fun and friendly school? Have you always dreamt of supporting learning and helping children with their educational journey? Do you want a school that supports your career and will offer you a wide variety of career progression opportunities? If you answered yes to these questions then this is the job for you!
A Warm and welcoming Part residential Special needs school in close proximity to Horsham is looking for a teaching assistant to join their team starting January 2017 on a permanent basis. The school supports learners between the ages of 5 and 19years, pupils at the school are mixed ability including Autism, Down syndrome, SLD, PMLD and other complex needs. The school are invested in meeting the needs of every individual child and as a result of their dedication and pioneering child development strategies have been recently awarded Outstanding by OFSTED. This is a school truly invested in their pupils and for this reason offers an extensive and individually catered creative curriculum that includes outdoor activities (horse riding etc.) The school is commended for welcoming all with open arms and is proud of its Christian ethos. The school is invested in offering excellence as standard and aims to insure that all learners can and will go on to fully independent living.
Interview date: 7th December 2016 so please don't delay and apply now!
- Permanent Teaching Assistant role
- Team Teach training provided by Randstad Education or the school
- Modern resources and equipment including interactive whiteboards and ipads
- Superb and spacious classrooms and grounds
- There is lots of room for progression in the roles, from senior teaching assistant to skill development and other areas to branch into (therapies, inclusion support etc.)
All applicants for this position must have the following requirements to be considered:
- Any experience level will be considered, ideal candidates will be flexible, resilient and have a positive approach to supporting learners with SEN (direct SEN experience is not essential)
- Relevant experience/Knowledge of UK SEN settings (desirable)
- Own Transport- Due to locality of the school
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Supporting KS1- KS5 SEN learners on a 1:1, small group and classroom basis
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
If you want to know more about this fabulous opportunity or wish to send us your application then please don't hesitate to apply now, interviews will take place on 7th December 2016
This role is open to receiving applications over the next week. Within a week of the closing date, appropriate applicants will begin a three-stage interview process, after which shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the final stage of the interview process with appropriate school leadership.