Title: Facilities Officer
Hours: 09.30 - 17.30, Monday to Friday plus weekend call outs
Salary: £19,500 per annum (Salaried + weekend call out rate)
The post holder will act as a Facilities Officer which will involve working as part of the facilities team to maintain, repair, modify and improve the organisation site at Cheadle in Manchester. The post holder will assist the Operations Manager with the site maintenance and duties including set up of equipment and systems at all the organisation sites requiring good communication skills to liaise with external contractors. The post holder will carry out and support maintaining Health & Safety regulations and standards as required. The role will suit an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with proven Facilities experience who is able to work on their own as well as part of a team and provide on call support as and when necessary to meet the needs of the business.
The Organisation is a major national health resource set up with the aim of improving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of serious and life-threatening illnesses. Between 2006 and 2010, the organisation recruited over 500,000 volunteers from across the country to take part; all donated biological samples for future analysis, provided detailed information about them and agreed to have their health followed. Enhancement projects are now underway to add further value to this valuable research resource.
The organisation was established with the backing of a number of major funding bodies and is a registered charity. Whilst we are physically headquartered in Cheadle, direction and strategy take input from senior academics and other experts from across the UK and around the world.
To succeed in this role you will need to have the following skills, traits and knowledge gained from working in a Facilities or similar environment.
* Able to work accurately and to tight deadlines
* Strong listening / communication skills
* Self-motivated, self-starter with ability to work alone and as part of a team; able to manage own workload
* Attention to detail; sets and maintains high standards
* Collaborative style both in approach to own area and supporting others within the organisation
* Ability to / experience of working to strict health and safety regulations
* Able to work flexibly
* Able to complete agreed tasks with a minimum of supervision.
* Willing and able to travel to local storage sites; full clean driving license
* Ability to / experience of working to SOPs
* Experience of maintaining facilities infra-structure
* Possess aptitude for using/maintaining/repairing complex laboratory automation
* GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and Science related subject
* Experience in using Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint etc.)
* Previous experience of working in line with the requirements of ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013.
* Mechanical or electrical engineering qualification.
* Experience working in an academic or health based organisation
We offer a competitive salary and benefits include holidays starting at 26 days full time, plus the opportunity to join the USS pension scheme, life assurance cover as well as a number of salary sacrifice schemes and a staff discount scheme.
To be considered for this opportunity please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.