Staff Software Engineer
We are actively seeking Staff Software Engineers who thrives in environments with tough challenges, whether it’s building APIs or systems that scale to billions of requests daily, working with terabytes of incoming data, or integrating with complex partner ecosystems. We’re fast moving, but focused on doing the right things right. Our primary language is Python, but we look for amazing engineers and computer scientists, not just programmers, so we welcome and expect people to have a range of backgrounds. We love shipping high quality products and features that our customers love, but we also set time aside for hacking on exciting new ideas.
As Staff Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with the CTO to provide inspirational technical and architectural leadership and mentoring across the company and you’ll own some of the most strategic and challenging efforts from concept through implementation and evolution, working with partners from across the business and executive staff. For those with both desire and aptitude, this role may include both team as well as technical management.
- Motivate and inspire the team to deliver the Skimlinks technical vision
- Lead by example to foster a culture of Engineering excellence and craftsmanship
- Contribute to overall technical strategy and lead the teams on architectural design and decision making
- Mentor and guide team members to deliver better software, faster
- Lead on technology product, practice and tool selection
- Spend some of your time as a fully-fledged delivery team member building our products
- Ensure we do enough up front technical design, but never too much
- Obsess over non-functional requirements such as performance, security, testability, maintainability and reliability
- Contribute to the product roadmap and ensure the technical and product visions are aligned
- Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- You have deep experience building enterprise-grade software with several languages such as Java, C#, F#, Scala, C++ or Python.
- You have been an Architect or Lead Software Engineer previously in your career; in brilliant software development teams working in technically challenging environments
- You are familiar with building systems that efficiently scale with very large data volumes
- You’re obsessed with how your applications will hold up in production with real life, with users doing really bad things to them
- You’ve led and mentored teams; such as in the use of design and integration patterns, domain modelling and engineering best practices
- You have (or are at least receptive to) running and participating in industry events
Skimlinks is a global ecommerce monetization and analytics technology start-up, headquartered in Shoreditch, London. We work with over 1.5 million publisher websites, such as Condé Nast, Hearst Magazines, and Buzzfeed, and 20,000 retailers around the world, helping content producers get paid commissions for the products and brands they write about. This gives us a direct view of the browsing and shopping behaviors of over 650 million users, amassing over 1TB of data daily across over a billion API calls. Our technology understands the web pages users visit, the brands and products they look at, the links they click on and the purchases they make, across our entire network. Over $700m in ecommerce sales were transacted over our platform last year.
We have recently raised $16 million in venture funding from investors such as Frog Capital, Greycroft Partners, and BDMI. We already have 80 amazingly talented people along for the journey, across our London and NYC offices, but we need you to help us grow further and tackle even bigger ambitions!
Find out about what's it like working at Skimlinks at http://skimlinks.com/careers
Apply for Staff Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly