Senior Software Engineer
We are actively seeking Senior Software Engineers who thrive in environments with tough challenges; whether it’s building APIs or systems that scale to billions of requests daily, working with terabytes of incoming data, or integrating with complex partner ecosystems. We’re fast moving, but focused on doing the right things right. Our primary language is Python, but we look for amazing engineers and computer scientists, not just programmers, so we welcome and expect people to have a range of backgrounds. We love shipping high quality products and features that our customers love, but we also set time aside for hacking on exciting new ideas.
At Skimlinks, you’ll get to work on our most important systems, work with people from across the business, and make a real difference to our success… and you’ll have a blast in the process, in an environment where we’ve got each other’s backs and are building lifelong relationships.
- Design, build, and maintain systems across all parts of our platform, from high-volume data collection, enrichment and automated analysis, through to backend services and RESTful APIs
- Work with Product Management and our commercial organizations to understand the needs of the market and our customers and how they they translate into solutions
- Devising innovative solutions to complex technical problems and making design decisions in line with our technical strategy and high standards
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of the way we work
- Sharing your knowledge and mentoring others in your areas of expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- You have deep experience building enterprise-grade software with several languages such as Java, C#, F#, Scala, C++ or Python.
- You have flexibility and passion for evolving projects and innovating new products, in an environment with lightweight agile processes
- You are familiar with building systems that efficiently scale with very large data volumes
- You write clean, maintainable code and you pay attention to details and edge cases
- You know SQL and how to integrate with and use a range of data technologies
Skimlinks is a global ecommerce monetization and analytics technology start-up, headquartered in Shoreditch, London. We work with over 1.5 million publisher websites, such as Condé Nast, Hearst Magazines, and Buzzfeed, and 20,000 retailers around the world, helping content producers get paid commissions for the products and brands they write about. This gives us a direct view of the browsing and shopping behaviors of over 650 million users, amassing over 1TB of data daily across over a billion API calls. Our technology understands the web pages users visit, the brands and products they look at, the links they click on and the purchases they make, across our entire network. Over $700m in ecommerce sales were transacted over our platform last year.
We have recently raised $16 million in venture funding from investors such as Greycroft Partners, and BDMI. We already have 80 amazingly talented people along for the journey, across our London and NYC offices, but we need you to help us grow further and tackle even bigger ambitions!
Find out about what's it like working at Skimlinks at http://skimlinks.com/careers