Research Access Administrator
Title: Research Access Administrator
Salary: Circa £21,000pa
Location: Cheadle, Stockport - Full Time
We are looking to strengthen the resources within the Access Management Team which enables approved researchers from the international scientific community to conduct public health research. With nearly 4,000 registered researchers and over 600 applications received, demand to access the resource continues to grow and therefore an additional Research Access Administrator is required to join the Team. As part of this vibrant team, you will be responsible for checking and approving registered users, processing and monitoring research applications to use the organisation resource and liaising directly with researchers to deal with queries and to resolve issues.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable and proven communication and administrative skills, including the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and to work to tight deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with experience of dealing with a range of external stakeholders, are essential. In carrying out this role you will be adept at identifying any associated tasks to be undertaken and ensuring these are completed as part of your day to day working. The role would suit someone who has experience in contributing to multiple projects, who is task-orientated, self-motivated and is confident with strong interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide range of people
The Organisation is a major national health resource set up with the aim of improving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of serious and life-threatening illnesses. Between 2006 and 2010, the organisation recruited over 500,000 volunteers from across the country to take part; all donated biological samples for future analysis, provided detailed information about themselves, and agreed to have their health followed. Enhancement projects are now underway to add further value to this valuable research resource.
The organisation was established with the backing of a number of major funding bodies and is a registered charity. Whilst we are physically headquartered in Cheadle, direction and strategy take input from senior academics and other experts from across the UK and around the world.
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to carry out the following duties and display the following skills, traits and knowledge gained from working in a fast paced service based environment.
Duties to include:
* To triage incoming access enquiries to the organisation in a timely manner.
* Checking and approving registration details of researchers wishing to use the resource.
* Working to guidelines in order to manage research applications from submission to project completion.
* Maintaining databases and records to ensure they are up-to-date at all times.
* Drafting, processing and managing access agreements (Material Transfer Agreements) and Addenda using standard templates.
* Ensuring team members are informed of issues and challenges as they arise.
* Working in accordance with organisational quality standards ISO9001 and ISO27001.
* Carry out any other duties/tasks appropriate to the role, as assigned by the line manager.
* The ability to work unsupervised, manage and prioritise a varied and busy workload and work to deadlines.
* Experience of working with diverse groups of people to negotiate and resolve complex issues.
* Evidence of ability to solve problems using initiative; identifying and proposing practical solutions.
* Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
* A careful and methodical approach to work, with excellent attention to detail.
* Proven ability to work within a team.
* Proficient in working with IT systems, including MS Office.
* Experience of communicating with individuals in different locations and of different levels of seniority.
* Experience in delivering customer service and/or service delivery in a fast-paced environment.
* Understanding and/or desire to work in a scientific research environment.
* Experience in dealing with confidential data or issues.
* Experience of working in a charity and/or academic environment.
We offer a competitive salary, 26 days holiday, membership of the USS pension scheme and several other employee benefits.
The organisation operates to ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 regulations as well as UKAS 17025:2005 regulations.
To be considered for this opportunity please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.