Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
Title: Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
Salary: £22-£24k per annum subject to review
Hours: Full time, with regular weekends off, 7.30-3.30 approx
A fantastic opportunity to join a premium care home providing care for 60 older people. This key role of Head Chef/Kitchen Manager is responsible for the overall catering service and smooth running of the kitchen. We are looking for someone with a genuine love for food and commitment to quality. Food is a very important aspect of the high standard of care we provide. We can offer very reasonable working hours, a good kitchen, fine ingredients and supportive Directors. You will have the freedom to express yourself and demonstrate your culinary skills. This is a dual role - cooking fresh food and managing the kitchen. We need a good all round chef who also has management, leadership and teamwork skills. You must be able to cook desserts and show some baking skill.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Chef include:
* The preparation and serving of high quality food and ensuring that standard is maintained every day
* Managing kitchen staff team with experience of staff development and appraisal
* Ordering, stock control
* Negotiation with suppliers. Budgeting for cost/quality trade off
* Ensuring local authority 5* hygiene rating compliance is achieved
* Compliance with Care Quality commission nutritional standards for older people
* Communicating effectively with residents, colleagues, and the management team.
Candidate requirements for the Chef vacancy:
* Chef qualification level 3 in professional cookery or equivalent
* Knowledge of therapeutic diets
* Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP
* Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
* Possess leadership and management experience, including problem solving and negotiating skills
* A passion for British food classics and baking skills
* Effective time keeping and time management
Must be a hard worker, reliable and committed to the role.
To be considered for this vacancy click 'Apply Now' and forward a copy of your CV and covering letter explaining what you can bring to this role.
Apply for Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly