Regional Sales Manager (Digital)
Regional Sales Manager (Digital)
Derby / Nottingham (East Midlands)
£45-50k per annum (depending on experience)
Company Car/Car Allowance + laptop + bonus (monthly OTE) + company benefits
Being the Regional Sales Manager for our Digital portfolio is about more than just raising brand awareness and increasing sales. It's about a true passion for our products, and a flair for insight into what our consumers want. It's about taking ownership
We're looking for a Regional Sales Manager (Digital) to be responsible for delivering against our agreed sales budget for the digital only sales team across all financial periods. Operating with our sales team managers and team across multiple categories and markets demonstrating excellence in knowledge and skill of driving improved customer conversions and order values for our digital products in the regional portfolio..
Reporting in to the Regional Commercial Director, you'll be rewarded with an attractive package and more importantly, you'll be working with a range of products that will inspire you.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc , with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing over six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, The Derby Telegraph, Burton Mail to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
We're looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Sales Manager professional who is able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the competitive environment in which the Trinity Mirror business operates. Ideally, you will have experience of working with organisations within the Media & Digital sales (or similar) sector.
The role will drive significant digital revenue growth in assistance with the Heads of Advertising and Regional Sales Director ensuring you have a skilled and fully trained resource to deliver against these objectives.
Ensuring the business plans of the Regional Managers are robust to deliver against the budgeted requirements and there is a cohesive digital growth plan for each group of customers. You'll be able rapidly build strong, working relationships to maintain a clear understanding of the customer's business, including the market their business operates in and current trading challenges.
What you'll be doing
Working for Local World as part of the Trinity Mirror Group you will work across our iconic brands and portfolio in the East Midlands. In order to succeed in this role, you will:
- Take a strategic long-term view of the commercial markets and ensure the sales team implement digital revenue generation initiatives which are sustainable and reflect the revenue growth strategy
- Work collaboratively with other functions - Editorial, Finance & Group Digital Heads to identify added value options for the customer (integrating ideas, increasing advertising spend & retention)
- Make customer retention a primary goal and use all the advantages of a multi-media publishing group to improve the customer experience
- Regularly review the customer base, working with your sales team managers to ensure customer retention and growth in sales propositions to obtain overall revenue growth
- Regularly review the digital sales proposition, ensuring it meets customer needs and the Group's objectives through digital packages and agreed pricing structures
- Translate sales targets into operational plans for the sales teams and products to ensure we are maximising revenue opportunities and ensuring up-sell & relevant cross sell
- Launch new sales initiative and products to the sales team including - design, implementation, reporting, forecasting, lead management and training
- Provide reporting on various KPIs and success metrics, including data analysis against budget & operational measurements
What you need to know
The Trinity Mirror Group has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary depending on experience, on target earnings bonus, a competitive pension, car allowance, various company benefits and 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
The closing date for this role is 14th December 2016. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.