Personal Advisor (PW1) BAYS Partnership (37HPW) Swansea
Full Time: 37 hours per week
The BAYS Leaving Care Service aims to support and assist care leavers to successfully become independent. The service undertakes this by supporting and assisting care leavers to implement actions identified in their pathway plans.
The main purpose of this role is to provide advice, support and services to children, young people and their families.
Your core duties will be;
- Supporting and assisting young people leaving care to make successful transition to independent adulthood by ensuring the Pathway Planning process is fully utilised and implemented.
- Complying with the statutory requirements of Child Care legislation - Acting as the young person’s principle source of contact in matters related to their Pathway Plan.
- Involving young people, their families and carers in the delivery of plans for individual young people and to agree with young people and the local authority revisions to pathway Plans including expenditure.
The successful post holder will have;
- Experience in working with disadvantaged and/or challenging young people in a relevant setting.
- Experience of liaising with a range of external Agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting young people leaving care.
- Knowledge of the benefits system and housing options as it affects young people.
For further information and to apply, please visit barnardos.org.uk/jobs searching for reference CYM265.
Closing Date: 02/12/16
Interview Date(s): 13th December 2016