Title: Support and Advice for Independent Living (SAIL) Support Workers
Location: Ringwood, New Milton and surrounding areas
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (Flexible variations also available)
Contract Type: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: £7.20 hourly pay equivalent*
*Hourly pay equivalent based on a basic salary of £14,976. Overtime options for cluster working, with enhanced rates where applicable.
We will appoint the first successful candidates.
The organisation is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
As a Support Worker within our Support & Advice for Independent Living (SAIL) Service, you will provide excellent and flexible support & advice around Ringwood, New Milton and the surrounding areas, enabling individuals to achieve independence in their areas of need. This may include tasks such as travel training, accessing a community group or learning a specific skill. You will also be providing a weekly localised drop-in service, offering support to individuals who are able to attend independently.
You will need to be friendly and approachable, with a willingness to deliver person-centered support to people in the community. It is essential that you can demonstrate an understanding of the needs of people who may have recently undergone a change in personal circumstances or deterioration in their ability to carry out the functions of daily living. You will be skilled at completing needs and risk assessments for clients to ensure they have targeted and safe support to achieve the goals they set. You will also be an effective communicator, used to liaising with multiple agencies to create a network of support for our clients. An understanding of welfare benefits and the claims process would also be desirable.
You will also be a car driver with business insurance and a vehicle available to you for work purposes.
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal SAIL Support Worker will:
* Have experience of working with vulnerable people and understand the importance of promoting independence to achieve positive outcomes
* Have an excellent telephone manner and good all-round communication skills
* Understand the importance of completing paperwork, such as support plans and risk assessments
* Be prepared to support clients with daily living skills
* Understand confidentiality and how this applies to clients
* Be willing to work flexibly and travel according to the client needs, as well as attending meetings or training held in other sites within the Trust area
* Be a car driver with access to a vehicle for work and hold relevant business insurance
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to take this role forward and enable the clients, we can't wait to hear from you! Click 'Apply' to forward your details; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role take you through some questions that will help us to ensure this is the role for you. If you are successful you will be invited to an assessment and interview and this date will be agreed with you at this point.
Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew, to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details.