Fire and/or Security Installation Engineer
Fire and/or Security Installation EngineerLocation: LondonSalary: £20k- £33k dependent on experience +This is a great opportunity to get in early with a company that is seriously going places. Contact Fire and Security have a young, innovative and ambitious team bringing a fresh twist to the Fire and Security market. We review our staff performance regularly, provide comprehensive training where required and invest in our staff as we recognise our staff are the most important part of our business.Contact Fire and Security are a multi-award winning, family run company operating within the South East of England. We operate in the major construction project market, high-end residential, medical and education sectors mainly. Our head office is in Oxford and we are currently searching for our London HQ in Knightsbridge/Mayfair.Why should I leave my current employer?We are experiencing over 300% growth of the business over the next 2 years. With this growth we are looking to build on the foundation of company with the best of the best. This is a great opportunity to get in early with a company that is seriously going places. Contact Fire and Security have a young, innovative and ambitious team bringing a fresh twist to the Fire and Security market. We review our staff performance regularly, provide comprehensive training where required and invest in our staff as we recognise our staff are the most important part of our business.For our longer-term projects, we also offer the option of travelling to site using public transport to make the journey to and from work a little more relaxing.What are we expecting from you?
- Installation and Commissioning of various Fire and Security Systems, including Fire Alarm, CCTV, Intruder and Access Control.
- Carry out installations in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Liaise with the operations manager to ensure best practice and the most cost effective solutions.
- Complete all documentation and certification to comply with the Company systems and procedures.
- Liaise with customers and management to provide comprehensive reporting information, including additional work quotations
- Work as a team to build on the company’s reputation in quality and customer service
- Ensure that the systems are left safe and operational at all times.
- Report to Ops Manager on progress and project timescales
- Complete detailed call reports on site visits, installation and commissioning
- Produce as fitted drawings at the end of the project and working drawings throughout. To be sent to the client / kept on site
- Install equipment, run and pull wiring, program and calibrate equipment and adhere to codes, regulations and standards.
- Training a Junior Engineer on Installation of Fire and Security Systems.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.What experience do we expect you to have?
Experience in a similar role would be preferable but not essentialHave excellent organisation skills and housekeepingExperience with installing Fire and Security system is preferable although training will be provided. We would expect experience in at least one of these disciplines to be demonstratedExperience commissioning large scale electronic systems