Lead Frontend Developer
A unique opportunity has arisen within Firefly Learning for a Lead Frontend Developer to join the team based in London. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary.
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that works to bring teachers, parents and students together, enabling greater collaboration, intuitive workflows and rich resource creation, while saving teachers time. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, including 8 of the top 10 UK Independents.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Firefly Learning offer a attractive remuneration package including, 3% pension contributions, £1k training budget p.a., cycle scheme, childcare vouchers, payroll giving, free fruit and a discounted gym membership.
We have an exciting opportunity at Firefly Learning for experienced Lead Frontend Developer. We’re looking for someone to lead and grow our Frontend team. You’ll be reporting directly to our Head of Technology, but working closely with our Design and Development teams to ensure the interfaces your team builds are robust, beautiful and performant.
The ideal candidate to become our Lead Frontend Developer would have a passion for code patternization, and embrace our “single source of truth” mentality when it comes to writing production frontend code. You’ll enjoy mentoring, and desire to share your experience with your team.
The Role as our Lead Frontend Developer
- Helping maintain our custom-built Pattern Library
- Working closely with the Product, Design and Back End Development teams
- Helping us to choose new technologies for front-end code in collaboration with the rest of team
- Helping the front-end development team learn
- Experience with a front-end framework: we use React we also like Angular and Ember; the important thing is you can explain the benefits of using a tool to manage complex state.
- You enjoy mentoring and helping others write better code.
- You have an appreciation for well-structured modular HTML and CSS.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lead Frontend Developer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!