Student Advisor / Student Services Officer / Student Adviser
Job Title: Student Advisor
Location: Holborn, London
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 5th December 2016
Having experienced massive success, including our recent Queen's Award for Enterprise (2013), the university is aiming to become one of the world's most respected providers of business education. With a growing presence on a global scale, coupled with continued plans for expansion, this is an excellent time to join their truly dynamic and innovative business.
If you're a recent graduate looking to build a career in a forward thinking and innovative business, or have some prior experience in a call centre or customer service environment; if you are a natural people person and enjoy giving advice and would like to work for a worthy cause and help people further their education and career prospects, this could be the perfect role for you!
As Student Advisor you will be responsible for providing up to date information and assistance to all enquires that come in persona and students already studying any one of their HND or Vocational Course's. You will assist them throughout the course enrolment process, as well as offer full support and guidance in relation to applying for funding to study via Student Finance England.
What they're looking for:
The Student Advisors must have some prior experience in call centre and customer services related environments, ideally B2C, and be able to work well under pressure to strict time deadlines as no two days are the same, tenacity and resilience are key! Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are also essential.
Their students are the heart of the business so they are looking for people who are truly passionate about education, who will provide outstanding levels of customer service and excellence at all times!
What's in it for you?
- Become part of a growing and truly innovative business.
- Excellent training and development.
- Fast track career opportunities.
- Fast paced, dynamic and exciting team culture.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Offer advice and guidance on a face to face/telephone basis to all students in relation to the student funding and application process, ensuring forms and application details are completely accurate and within required timeframes.
- Liaise with internal departments and answer any queries in relation to the enrolment or student funding process.
- Ensure students are aware of and attend Inductions; sending invitations and monitoring attendance.
- Update internal reports or database when required with daily activity and output.
- Continuously strive to exceed set targets and KPIs.
- Always ensure an excellent service is offered to all students.
- Offer advice and guidance to all student in relation to the student funding and application process ensuring forms and application details are completely accurate and within required timeframes.
- Liaise with internal departments and answer queries in relation to enrolment or student funding process.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrable and significant experience of working in a Higher or Further Education context in a student-facing role.
- Knowledge of and commitment to ensuring access to learning and issues relating to disability, equality and diversity.
- Up to date and significant experience with Government funded initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work confidently and diplomatically with people at all levels, from students to senior management.
- A high level of numeracy with the ability to interpret and prepare statistical information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience in high volume call centre environments.
- Able to work in busy high volume and targeted environments.
- Proven experience working to tight deadlines.
- Customer service training is ideal; able to deal with difficult customers professionally.
- Highly computer literate in MS Office Suite, experience using Outlook is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Experienced problem solver.
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
Desirable (but not essential, training is provided!):
- Ideally degree or HND educated.
- Experience in Higher Education Student Support.
- Understanding of student funding and Vocational studies application process.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, Learning Guidance Advisor, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Student Support, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant, Call centre, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Students, Student Advisor, Student Ambassador, Higher Education, Vocational Education, Careers Advisor, Employability will be considered for this role.
Apply for Student Advisor / Student Services Officer / Student Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly