KS2 Primary Teacher - Worthing - September 2017
KS2 Primary Teacher
Worthing, West Sussex
Full-time from 4th September 2017
£22,467 - £33.160 per annum (paid to scale)
Are you an experienced Key Stage 2 Teacher with a strong character? Are you seeking a new teaching role for the next academic year in September based in Worthing? Would you describe yourself as dedicated, caring and motivating? If the answer to these questions is "Yes" then please carry on reading...
This school is a medium sized 2 form entry primary school located in central Worthing is seeking an experienced Primary KS2 Teacher with QTS required for a full-time role starting in September 2017. This role is for the next academic year. NQT's with experience of teaching KS2 classes will also be considered if they have taught Years 5 and 6.
The job responsibilities:
- 5 days a week, full-time teaching across KS2 year groups.
- You will be expected to complete all lesson planning and mark children's work daily.
- Pupil assessment.
- Attend and contribute to Parent evenings.
- Be extremely organised and dedicated to driving and achieving pupil development.
- Help with after-school clubs when required.
About this primary setting:
- Currently 292 mixed pupils on roll.
- Classes divided into 3 x Years 3/4 and 3 x Years 5/6.
- The school aims to provide a curriculum which fosters active learning, autonomy and choice.
- Spacious classrooms each with interactive whiteboards.
- Committed to ensuring children are well behaved and motivated to achieve.
- Friendly staff with a warm atmosphere.
- Core values of Courage, Forgiveness, Friendship, Honesty, Positivity and Respect.
- Robust behavioural management structure.
- The school has a larger than average outdoor playground and also situated to nearby sports fields.
- Graded 'Good' at latest Ofsted inspection.
- Onsite teacher parking.
- Achievement levels in KS2 Maths and English are just below UK average and require further improvement.
- Pupil engagement levels during lessons are high.
- Pupils enjoy school and feel valued.
- Children settle quickly into the routines of school. They get on well together and share and take turns. They cooperate and listen to each other. They behave well and feel safe in school.
Requirements for candidates will include:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), NQT or Overseas Qualified Teachers.
- Up- to-date knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
- Relevant recent teaching experience.
- Own transport could be an advantage but not essential.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Recommend a teacher and you will receive £300 for each person that successfully completes 30 days of work for us.
The closing date for this role is the 10th July 2016, so if you feel you have the skills and the attitude required for this role then apply today!