The Foyle Food group is a family - run group of cpmpanies with a farming heritage dating back several generations.
Our core business is slaughtering,deboning and rensering beef across eight facilities in Ireland and the UK. We suppy quality beef to leading retailers ,manafacturers, foodservice providers and butchers across the world
Foyle Melton Mowbray
Foyle Melton Mowbray requires a full time permanent Technical Manager to be based at their Six Hills site in Leicestershire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of most progressive beef
processing groups in Ireland and the UK.
This role is on a full time permanent basis.
Responsibilities of the Role include:
- Take responsibility for the Management of all key elements of the Technical function
- Ensure all quality documentation, checks and tests are up to date, cleaning processes are satisfactory for the commencement of production at all times, maintaining cleaning schedules and collating cleaning audits, addressing any non-conformances
- Manage microbiological sample collection, maintaining schedules, standards and record keeping
- Develop and improve quality manuals, identifying new technical standards to achieve goals, audit and improve existing quality and food safety systems
- Manage all the key elements of the Technical Team, including identifying staffing requirements, training & development needs, grievance & disciplinary and coaching & guidance when required.
- Manage the on-going GMP & pathogen reduction programme within the factory to include trials, development, maintenance and audits.
- Responsible for ensuring the traceability system / animal welfare systems are operated in such a way as not to compromise legal guidelines, customers or the organisation.
- Furnish site reports, KPI's and information to the Group function in a timely manner - weekly/period
- Delivery of a health & safety and hygiene conscious environment
The following skills or experience is required:
- Experience dealing with internal and external auditing processes
- Strong Communication and organisational skills
- Previous Technical Management experience in a food processing environment
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 6th December 2016.
The Company retains the right to expand the shortlisting criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
For an application form, please apply to:
The Monitoring Officer
Foyle Melton Mowbray
Melton Road, Sixhills, Leicestershire,
England LE14 3PR.
T +44 (0) 1509 881583 F +44 (0) 1509 889300
THE FOYLE FOOD GROUP IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY AND WELCOMES APPLICATIONS FROM ALL SECTIONS OF THE COMMUNITY
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly