Giftware Assistant Buyer
Giftware Assistant Buyer at British Garden Centres
British Garden Centres is looking to appoint a professional and driven Giftware Assistant Buyer. This position is based at one of our flagship stores, Brigg Garden Centre, one of the largest garden centres in the UK.
This new position commands a person with commercial vision and strong emphasis on monitoring trends in the Gifts, Retail Food, Kitchenware and Toys markets.
As Giftware Assistant Buyer, you will
- Assist and support the Group Buyer
- Track market conditions and price trends
- Review the preferred suppliers on a regular basis and seek better products/suppliers
- Seek new suppliers based on quality, availability, reliability, and technical support
- Following up on orders placed with suppliers
- Monitoring sales, profitability and turnover
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and completeness
- Support with office administration to include invoices and orders
- Attend tradeshows with overnight stays
- Hold a full driving license as travelling to our various centres will be required
As Assistant Gifts Buyer, you are
- Skilled to merchandise retail space with a keen eye for detail and product placement
- A self-motivated, hands on individual with a strong work ethic
- A positive and strong communicator, confident in negotiation
- Accountable for providing great business to business customer service
- A solution orientated thinker with excellent problem solving skills
If you have experience at this level, and are looking for a new challenge within a forward thinking family run business, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants is Friday 2nd December 2016