About The Company:
Our client is Europe's leading mobile consultancy and app development company. Based in the West Midlands, the company houses a multi award-winning team of developers, UX/UI designer and consultants with a proven track record for developing and delivering exceptional mobile solutions.
They create beautifully designed, simple to use mobile apps across every major mobile platform and have consulted for some of the largest businesses and brands worldwide.
Since the company was founded in 2012, they have worked with organisations such as Santander, Vodafone, Brother, Subway, BT Openreach, JD Sports, Coventry University and Music Magpie.
They have grown immeasurably over the past 18-24 months and having been crowned App Developer of the Year, it is an exciting time to be joining the company.
By becoming the newest member of the fast-growing team, you will be part of a fun and vibrant working environment. You will join the business as a senior member of the team working closely with the board and two other senior managers.
If you want to be a part of our evolving and dynamic team, we'd love to hear from you.
The company is an award winning and European leading mobile app development and consultancy business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of Role:
- Management of month-end process including: preparation and review of monthly management accounts and board pack for the Board of Directors;
- Overseeing cash flow preparation and managing cash balances;
- Management, compliance and overall responsibility for VAT returns;
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely MI to the Board and Account Services to ensure that areas of the business under their control can be properly managed;
- To take ownership and review the management reporting pack of business performance data, including comparison of actual results against plan and previous year, together with commentary, revenue recognition and key performance indicators.
- Assisting with the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process;
- Production of the annual statutory accounts and internal financial reports;
- Liaising with external auditors regarding the year-end audit and sign off for statutory accounts;
- Management of daily financial operations including sales and purchase ledger, payroll, credit cards and expenses.
- Continually review, challenge, revise and then implement changes to the accounting and Management Information (MI) systems to provide maximum insight into company performance;
- Supporting the Senior management team with ad-hoc project work: supporting commercial projects related to the continuing growth and development of the business;
- Ensure that all financial controls are in place across the company so to eliminate financial risk and loss.
- Manage the complete job cycle for client projects;
- Ensuring timely processing of fee and expense billings to the clients, WIP management, processing revenue and expense recognition;
- Providing training and guidance to Account services/Production teams to ensure adherence to internal controls;
- Client profitability reporting;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Team player.
- Proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- Highly numerate with an excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible with an ability to perform to a high standard given different demands whilst working under pressure.
- Able to communicate complex financial information in simple terms.
- Understand the importance of strong internal controls, which balance the operational needs of the business and effectively manage risk.
- Strong analytical skills with the initiative to resolve issues or pursue business opportunities as they are identified.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within regards to revenue recognition and WIP management is vital
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Be able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Advanced Excel skills
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- 3 years + experience in a similar role
- Xero experience highly advantageous.
- University graduate (2:1 or above) with good A
- Level results including Maths
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly