Supplier Quality Engineer ??? 2 year fixed term contract

Recruiter
Anonymous
Location
Crewkerne
Salary
Competitive
Posted
09 Nov 2016
Closes
02 Dec 2016
Sectors
Engineering
Contract Type
Contract
Hours
Full Time
Smart Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer to work for our well established engineering client in South Somerset, on a 2 year contract. As always the goal is zero defects, and you will be working at the core of their value streams, co-ordinating and driving best practice, whilst problem solving to resolve any Supplier Quality complaints.

Main Duties will be:

1) Resolving supplier quality issues with robust problem solving methodology
2) Progress 8D and A3 investigations on key business quality issues with the supply base
3) Monitor, update and present suppliers' quality metrics.
4) Monitor and react to quality KPI's
5) Involvement in APQP activities including PFMEA / Control plans as output of 8D's

Ideal candidates will have:

1. Minimum HNC in an engineering discipline with several years of supplier quality experience.
2. Experience of 8D problem solving (Fishbone, 5why, Is/Is not)
3. Strong understanding of quality statistical models and metrics - 6 sigma tools
4. Lean manufacturing awareness

The job will involve some travelling, fully expensed as you would expect, and we estimate this to be 10% of the role, the other 90% being based at their site in South Somerset. This is a great opportunity to work for a company that has some great products and is a global engineering leader. We look forward to receiving your application

More jobs like this