KTS Academy is a specialist educational provider for pupils and young adults with SEND. The Academy is split over three campuses and received outstanding in our latest Ofsted report.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CLEANER
To ensure that designated areas of the Academy are kept clean, hygienic and safe to create a suitable environment for staff and pupils.
- Wiping down surfaces to the required standards
- Vacuuming carpeted areas to the required standards.
- Dusting surfaces to the required standards.
- Sweeping hard surfaces to the required standards.
- Emptying bins to the required standards.
- Cleaning toilets, basins and sinks to the required standards
- Mop and bucket floor areas, and buff floors.
- Use of step ladders to clean up to a height of 11 feet.
- Notify supervisor when stocks are low.
- Ensure correct materials are used, awareness of COSHH as it applies in Schools/Academies.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Follow agreed risk assessment when moving furniture etc to clean.
- Ensuring cleaning materials are safely stored, and are not accessible to children.
- Ensuring that cleaning materials are kept safe, and appropriate, containers (i.e. clearly labeled)
- Alerting appropriate staff of potential Health and Safety risks encountered during duties (e.g. trailing wires, worn carpet etc).
- Responsible to Building Services Supervisor/Caretaker/Senior Cleaner/
Headteacher who will direct areas of work and schedule.
Application packs are available at http://redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/rcbcweb.nsf/Homepage?ReadForm