New opportunity not to be missed! A Plus Aluminium have a unique opportunity for an ambitious and driven Buyer to join our growing team based in Watford. We offer the successful Buyer a competitive salary of up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience plus performance based bonuses and excellent benefits!
A Plus Aluminium are a focused, supply-only company dedicated to manufacturing high quality bespoke aluminium and windows, doors, curtain walling, shop-fronts and conservatory solutions to our clients' specific requirements.
With over 20-year we have supplied literally thousands of windows, doors, facades and conservatories in many different shapes and sizes. We believe it is this long history and extensive product range that has given us the unique level of expertise that we bring to bear in every aspect of our operation which all helps to ensure that your enquiry and order is handled to the highest possible standard from start to finish.
The Buyer Role
You will be responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining a system for purchasing of materials for aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling. You will also ensure that required materials are purchased to the appropriate standard in sufficient time to ensure fabrication and product quality are not disrupted.
As our Buyer you will play a key role in achieving business growth targets and grow with the business.
Key responsibilities as our Buyer:
- Review bill of materials, oversee stock checks and place orders
- Track and monitor material deliveries
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent
- Monitor and maintain supplier performance, setting out objectives for suppliers with a focus on reducing overall costs.
- Ensure accurate data is supplied for suppliers, pricing and lead times
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost effective procuring process for the business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Negotiate rates with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
Our ideal Buyer:
- Driven, determined and ambitious
- Negotiating skills and the ability to network and influence people;
- Team working and interpersonal skills;
- Numeracy skills and proficiency using IT;
- Good organisation skills and the ability to multitask;
- The ability to cope with the pressure of having to meet tight deadlines;
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets;
- Experience of the glass/glazing sector in similar role would be advantageous
Our office is located on an industrial centre with no public transport, you will need to be able to travel to and from work independently. The office is based in Watford which is commutable from Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Borehamwood, Harrow, Edgeware, Kings Langley and surrounding areas.
With excellent opportunities to develop A Plus Aluminium is the perfect choice to build you career. Why not click apply today and become our Buyer – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join our fantastic company!
You must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly