KS3/4 Learning Mentor
Randstad Education are currently recruiting for a KS3/4 Learning Mentor to work within our partner secondary school based in Sefton, on a temporary contract.
This role is to start commencing 28th November and will be on an on-going basis.
This role requires a Learning Mentor to support Secondary school children who display challenging behaviour on a one to one basis and with small groups. The role includes assisting the class teacher and supporting pupils with different activities and lessons. You will be expected to monitor children's progression taking in to account individuals education.
You will work with students who can benefit from close additional support; these students are assigned a specific Learning Mentor to help them flourish in areas they have strong natural ability in but also focus and work hard on areas that do not come quite as easily. As such the role of a Learning Mentor is working across multiple subjects and is pupil focused rather than subject specific
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help young people to become successful at learning, confident as individuals and to live productive and responsible lives.
- To work on 1:1 basis or in groups with students who demonstrate challenging behaviour or have Special Educational Needs
- To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour
- To mentor and engage with the student, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- To work alongside the classroom teacher
Requirements - A successful candidate must -
- Have previous school experience within a learning mentor role
- Be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- Be computer literate, an excellent communicator and familiar with the Education system
- We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work of inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged, and who has the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
To discuss in more detail, please contact Ashley Fortune at the Liverpool office on 0151 2551666 or alternatively please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Apply for KS3/4 Learning Mentor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly