IT Test Analyst
IT Test Analyst
Salary c £20k + benefits
As an IT Test Analyst reporting to the IT Test Manager, your role is to Analyse, Plan, Design and Execute effective testing deliverables for upcoming application development, in-house and outsourced product development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements to meet the needs of the company business. You will need to apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify and communicate systems/software application issues and defects through meaningful testing in order to maximise the benefit of IT investments and business initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
* Through verification and validation ensure that company's applications meet business and system requirements
* Collaborate with analysts, designers, developers, system owners and Business users in the testing of new software programs and applications.
* Ensure that any new software integration into the company's systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
* Document / Capture business processes scenarios as part of test case / script preparation.
* Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed to meet the needs of the company business.
* Contribute to pre-testing phase of project development by evaluating system designs and requirements in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
* Create Test Cases and design and execute test scripts and scenarios that will determine optimal system functional performance according to specifications.
* Conduct all types of application testing as required, such as System, Regression, System integration, and Acceptance testing.
* Analyse formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
* Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
* Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to Senior Test Analysts and Test Manager.
Position Requirements (Desirable as training is provided)
Knowledge & Experience
* Experience as a tester for application integration and/or application product release.
* Knowledge of testing, software quality assurance best practices and methodologies including the writing of test cases and step by step test scripts.
* Experience with testing web based software applications across multiple platforms e.g. Desktop, Mobile, Tablet.
* Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
* Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
* Good project awareness and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
* Knowledge / Experience of Test / Defect Management Tools such as TestRail and Fogbugz.
* Experience of working with open source automated testing tools such as Selenium IDE.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving project environment
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
* Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system applications testing.
Please click 'Apply' below to continue your application.