Job Title: Print Assistant
Location: Kettering, NN15 6XU
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Term: The role is permanent night shift operated on a shift system which averages 42 hours per weeks (12 hour shifts) on 24/7 basis.
Our client is a creative and innovative printing company based in Kettering, Northamptonshire. The company has experienced considerable growth and is looking to expand its current team within Production. They can offer a diverse and fast paced working environment and is interested to hear from candidates who are ambitious and wish to progress their career within the print industry.
They are looking for a Print Assistant who can work alongside the No1 printers and assist in all aspects of job preparation and production.
Your primary responsibility will be ensuring the correct set up for setting and operating the press efficiently and effectively in partnership with the No1 Press Minder.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with any maintenance needs in the Print department ensuring the plant and machinery is in safe working order and running efficiently at all times contacting Engineers if necessary
- Follow any internal quality or compliance procedures particularly ensuring procedures relating to the Print Department are adhered to, identifying any non-conforming goods.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards across the Print Department.
- Monitor production, quality, yield and waste at regular intervals ensuring optimum production figures are achieved each shift.
- Ensure printing press is running effectively with minimal down time
The successful candidate will be an experienced print operative with a strong work ethic and a keen eye for detail.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Print operative experience, ideally Heidelberg but training can be given
- Good attitude and keen to progress
- A team player
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Target driven
- What's in it for you?
- Benefits include Pension and Healthcare on completion of probationary period, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Ride to Work Scheme.
How to apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please click on 'Apply' and upload your CV.