Centre Lead Radiographer
Centre Lead Radiographer
(based on a 36hr per week contract, see information below regarding flexible contracts and benefits)
Purpose of the Role and Person Specification
The Centre Lead Radiographer will be responsible for the safe and efficient running of our Newcastle-upon-Tyne Imaging Centre. You will have experience of management from an operations perspective and will ensure the imaging centre is run smoothly.
The participant experience will be of paramount importance to you and you will ensure that participants are assessed in a timely manner whilst overseeing the acquisition of MRI brain, cardiac and abdomen scans, DXA scans and carotid ultrasound scans to the organisation's quality standards. This will involve an element of data analysis and QA (both routine and ad hoc).
You will ensure all staff adhere to the organisation's incidental findings procedure, reviewing and escalating any suspected findings of a potentially serious nature.
As part of the senior team you will work closely with the organisation's Coordinating Centre management team to enable the smooth, efficient and accurate collection of data throughout the duration of the project. The Centre Lead Radiographer will oversee the day to day running of the Imaging Centre and be able to deal with staff and participant queries. Adaptability and problem solving skills are highly desirable, along with excellent interpersonal skills and a wealth of industry knowledge.
Responsible for a team of 22 multi-disciplinary staff members you will have proven leadership skills and excel at people management. You will be a committed individual with a wealth of MRI knowledge, specifically MRI physics and MRI safety. You will use this knowledge to oversee staff training in the organisation's imaging protocols and to plan CPD for our staff members.
* Flexible Contracts: Our standard full time contract starts at 36 hours per week (3x 12hr days), which allows staff to perform bank work elsewhere but 42 and 48 hour contracts are also available.
* Generous Holiday Allowance of 26 days per year (pro-rated to hours worked and 12 hour days), increasing by 2 days after 2 years continuous service and a further 2 days after another 2 years' service to a maximum of 30 days holiday.
* Family Friendly Work Patterns: We have a Christmas and Easter shut down, with company funded Christmas and Summer social events.
* Excellent Pension Scheme: via the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS), with employer contributions of 18%, based on employee contributions of 8%. Optional additional contributions are also available, with the organisation increasing employer contributions by 1% if the employee chooses to increase their contributions by 1%.
* Structured training and Continual Professional Development. We offer a range of in-house training, which is supplemented by external basic and advanced MRI CPD courses. We will also encourage further education and will support the right candidates in gaining their PgC, PgD or MSc.
* We have an excellent staff benefits package which includes cycle-to-work schemes, childcare vouchers and staff shopping discounts
To be considered for this opportunity please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.