Salary: £29,764 - £32,011
(based on a 36hr per week contract, see information below regarding flexible contracts and benefits)
Purpose of the Role and Person Specification
Our Senior Radiographers are primarily responsible for capturing high quality images according to the organisation's protocols. They assist with the smooth running of the Imaging Centre, supporting the Lead Radiographer when necessary.
You will play an important role in quality control and assurance, striving to capture research images of the highest quality. You will conduct participant safety screening and will guide and reassure participants whilst in the care of the organisation.
You will adhere to the organisations incidental findings procedure, reviewing and escalating any suspected findings of a potentially serious nature in accordance with the organisations incidental findings policy. You must be able to follow standard operating procedures in order to ensure reproducible and comparable images are captured.
You will be a strong and loyal team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment for a pioneering project.
For a full job description please click here.
* Flexible Contracts: Our standard full time contract starts at 36 hours per week (3x 12hr days), which allows staff to perform bank work elsewhere but 42 and 48 hour contracts are also available.
* Generous Holiday Allowance of 26 days per year (pro-rated to hours worked and 12 hour days), increasing by 2 days after 2 years continuous service and a further 2 days after another 2 years' service to a maximum of 30 days holiday.
* Family Friendly Work Patterns: We have a Christmas and Easter shut down, with company funded Christmas and Summer social events.
* Excellent Pension Scheme: via the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS), with employer contributions of 18%, based on employee contributions of 8%. Optional additional contributions are also available, with the organisation increasing employer contributions by 1% if the employee chooses to increase their contributions by 1%.
* Structured training and Continual Professional Development. We offer a range of in-house training, which is supplemented by external basic and advanced MRI CPD courses. We will also encourage further education and will support the right candidates in gaining their PgC, PgD or MSc.
* We have an excellent staff benefits package which includes cycle-to-work schemes, childcare vouchers and staff shopping discounts
To be considered for this opportunity please click 'Apply' to forward your CV.