Care Service Manager / Senior Care Worker/Senior Care Assistant
Job Title: Service Manager
Salary: £24 - 28K per annum
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th December 2016
Over the past 29 years our client has grown to be a major provider of support services in the region and currently have 700 employees. They provide support services in a variety of settings to people with disabilities including individual supported living, mental health service and employment, respite/short term breaks, registered care homes as well as extra care housing.
To be responsible to the Board of Directors through Director of Services for the management and day to day operations of the company'sx Services in Merseyside with particular responsibility for services on the Wirral in accordance with the company's policies and procedures. To enhance the quality of life of the people supported in the service to ensure that they are valued and enabled to take control of their own lives and further their integration into the community.
- To liaise with purchasers and other service providers and community organisations in pursuit of the development of the company's services.
- To maintain a good relationship with purchasers, other agencies such as social work, health etc and the local community.
- To attend conferences and training courses as required which are relevant and consistent with the level of responsibility of the job.
- To comply with codes of conduct and other standards of professional practice appropriate to the profession of the post holder.
- Ensure that professional codes of conduct and practice are observed by staff delivering care and support services.
- To attend Providers Forums and report information to Director of Services.
- To attend the appropriate meetings/conferences.
- To work alongside Director of Services whenever needed and/or in their absence.
- To be up to date with current trends through reading appropriate literature.
- To attend tender interviews as requested.
- To attend accreditation interviews with purchasers as requested.
- To be responsible for your own professional development in consultation with the Director of Services.
- To assist the Director of Services in the management of the services and manage operational issues in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for the recruitment and appointment of staff, ensuring processes are adhered to.
- To ensure that the effective support, supervisions and appraisals of Service Co-ordinators, Service Managers and staff performance are undertaken on time and their outcomes implemented and tracked.
- To be responsible for the training and personal development of staff in accordance with statutory requirements and the Company's staff development policy.
- To ensure staff have the required competencies to deliver the service so as to meet all regulatory and contractual requirements.
- To attend Senior Management team meetings on a regular basis and provide the Board with regular written service updates.
- To ensure that regular reviews of the support service that people supported receive are held.
- To develop and maintain the Essential Lifestyle Planning process.
- To assist the Director of Services to provide professional leadership to staff including workforce planning.
- To demonstrate a positive role model and value base and a person centred approach.
- To assist the Director of Services in leading implementation of standards and business plans and develop new services.
- To manage the day to day running of the office and admin support.
- To plan, arrange and deliver training and maintain associated records.
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with experience in; Domiciliary Service Manager, Care Home Manager, Home Care Coordinator, Area Manager, Care Home Management, Service Coordinator, Care Manager, Care Management, Registered Manager, NVQ5, QCV7, Care Supervisor, Senior Care Manager, Senior Care Supervisor will be considered for this role.