Senior Support Worker/Senior Care Worker/Senior Care Assistant
Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Salary: £8.00 - 8.75 per hour
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th December 2016
Over the past 29 years our client has grown to be a major provider of support services in the region and currently have 700 employees. They provide support services in a variety of settings to people with disabilities including individual supported living, mental health service and employment, respite/short term breaks, registered care homes as well as extra care housing.
- To provide effective interventions which enable people supported to live their lives to the full and enjoy a good quality of life.
- To deputise in for the Service Co-ordinator in their absence
- To enable people to achieve their full potential by teaching life skills and providing support to undertake meaningful activities in the community
- To support people to fulfil their wishes and aspirations, both short-term and long-term as identified in their Person Centred Plans.
- To ensure services are delivered according to people's needs through clear individual plans and key documents that provide positive outcomes for the person supported
- To support people in the day-to-day tasks involved in ordinary living according to their identified need
- To maximise the safety of people supported, staff, and the community within a risk enablement culture which supports people to achieve positive outcomes in their lives. Which will include completing Risk Assessments.
- To devise strategies and responses that effectively support people when anxious, upset or displaying adverse behaviours
- To ensure safe administration, storage of medication and completion of full and accurate records
- To maintain accurate records for contract monitoring purposes, and to facilitate in regular review of support plans and other relevant documentation for the People the company Support.
- To enable people supported to maintain their tenancies, home environment and promote good relationships with third parties e.g. neighbours, landlords.
- To conduct audit reviews and weekly checks as required by Service Co-ordinator and Service Manager.
- To promote the Department of Health's 7 Outcome Framework through effective support planning.
- To act as Key Worker for identified people supported if required
- To observe staff performance and provide feedback through observational supervision sessions.
- To keep full records of all income and expenditure in accordance with CQC best practice.
- To undertake weekly checks and submit end of month finances to Service Manager for checking
- To participate in the on-call system and to work sleep-ins or waking nights when required.
- To promote positive relationships with those closest to people supported, and all others professionals helping to support them.
- Positive Value Base and Person Centred Approach - Must be committed to ensuring that all people supported are valued and enabled to take control of their own lives.
- Relationship Skills - To get on well with people supported and others around them. To be comfortable and relaxed in their presence, supporting them and involving others in the community.
- Positive Role Model - Must be hard-working, motivated, flexible and pro-active, someone who gets done what needs to be done.
- Integrity - Have a clear desire and commitment to working out one's own values openly and honestly. Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of people supported and Company issues.
- Problem Solving Skills - Demonstrate skills in understanding complex situations and difficulties, and work thoughtfully, sensitively, creatively and purposefully to solve these in a calm and professional manner.
- Team Focus - Committed to working in a team dynamic rather than individually, to develop and fully use the skills of all team members.
- Driver - Current driving licence - not essential but preferable. Needs to have a current MOT certificate and adequate insurance cover - essential
To apply for the role please click on the APPLY NOW link and further information will be sent to you by email.
IMPORTANT: please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with experience of; Senior Carer, Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Senior Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Residential Care Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, Social Carer, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Worker, Care Helper, Care Management, Care Assist, Healthcare Assistant, NVQ2, NVQ3 will be considered for this role.