Our client is part of a global organisation, supplying plain and printed materials for the packaging of a variety of products primarily for the FMCG markets.
Right now our client has an exciting new opportunity for someone to take on the role of a Quality Engineer within their QA department of the 2 site UK operation reporting to the Process Manager.
The primary function of the role is to:
- validate both new equipment purchases, installations and process changes.
- participate in risk assessment activities of new customer projects
- Ensure the organisation’s corrective and preventative actions are effective.
The candidate must have a varied range of skills from:
- Participating in everyday factory floor activities to assess a process.
- Analytical mind to determine a root cause and preventative action.
As a Quality Engineer you will be expected to:
- Validate the methods and equipment used to measure a process’s key quality characteristics.
- Attempt to improve the standard of a process, using information collected from the operations and then applying problem-solving techniques.
- Be involved in both internal non-conformances and customer complaints regarding the final product’s quality.
This will include being involved in purchasing decisions and liaising with the suppliers on the specification of the equipment required.
You will be expected to have strong communication skills both verbal and written at a variety of different employee levels, organised and efficient with the ability to be thorough and critical with an attitude of understanding the aim of achieving an end goal.
This position would suit someone keen to develop a career in the printed packaging industry and the main requirement is for a technical / QA background with enthusiasm to learn the industry and market requirements and ensure the company’s CIP program is effective.
If you feel like you meet the requirements our client has set before you and feel like you’re up to the challenge, then please send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!