Thamesmead Regeneration Officer
Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Thamesmead Regeneration Officer to join our team in London. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £30,931 - £43,668 per annum.
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 29,000 homes, 80,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve – while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards – not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, we’re always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
The role of the Thamesmead Regeneration Officer is to support the delivery of Peabody’s ambitious regeneration programme for Thamesmead including masterplanning, estate renewal, Housing Zone delivery (including site assembly) and development and management of specific projects in order to facilitate Peabody’s regeneration plans for the area.
Knowledge/experience/skills required by the Thamesmead Regeneration Officer
- Project management experience within a regeneration field including budget, programme and risk.
- Experience of procuring and managing services and delivery of improvement works.
- Experience of communicating effectively with local residents and stakeholders
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and commitment to residents and colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative and posses self motivation.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Effective at building and maintaining strong working relationships, across internal departments, external stakeholders, contractors and resident groups.
Desirable knowledge/experience/skills required by the Thamesmead Regeneration Officer
- Experience of rehousing/site assembly.
- Experience of property transactions/negotiations and financial appraisals.
- Experience of the planning process.
Closing date & time: 05/12/2016 - 5pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Thamesmead Regeneration Officer please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST