Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Salary dependent on experience
Home based – Milton Keynes, Luton, Oxford, Reading areas
Service Technician Duties: Provide preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, calibration and installation support on various mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic units.
Customer Interaction: Interact with customers on a daily basis and complete associated administrative tasks as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS and related product lines. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating ready for use by using standard and specialized tools by using technical manuals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, repair or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to: communicating schedule changes to the Customer Operations Department daily; computer synchronization daily; complete service reports and activities within two business days after completing a customer visit, maintain on-site Customer Service Logs/Total Maintenance Care books according to STERIS procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as required by Service Manager
- Develop and maintain effective, communicative relationships with customers, managers. Communicate activities to customers include scheduling of Preventive Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure customer’s expectations of service are exceeded.
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance or direct questions straight to more experienced colleagues.
- Maintains courteous, smart and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management and colleagues. Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities. Follows all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Learn about STERIS solutions for our customers to enhance sales and growth in the field and pass on leads to management and sales where possible. Closely network with all FSR II and FSR III in the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This list intends to give an overview of the duties expected from a candidate for this position. Tasks may vary and are not limited to the above items.
Position requires lifting (up to 50 kg), bending, squatting, sitting, standing, and twisting. Travel to customer sites that include, but are not limited to: Pharmaceutical production facilities, LAR centers, laboratories, hospitals, operating rooms, surgical centers, and forensic sites and morgues. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer SOP training. Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs.
Completion of a recognized mechanical, electrical, or electronic qualification.
The Life Sciences Division requires general knowledge of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) and GEP (Good Engineering Practice) widely used in pharmaceutical and research environments.
General knowledge of the principles and methods of sterilization, steam systems, sterilizers and other methods of sterilization / decontamination.
Applicant’s knowledge of pharmaceutical standards, industrial controls, and central processing systems is advantageous.
Software experience, including MS office applications and general engineering software packages.
Excellent customer interaction skills.
Knowledge of English language is preferred (Europe)
Ability and willingness to travel extensively, mainly by car.
Nature of Problem Solving
Ability to solve complex mechanical/system problems utilizing technical manuals, publications, and engineering support.
Apply for Field Service Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly