Credit Controller ( Excel & Sage Experience Ideal)
Our client is a dynamic and expanding local organisation who are seeking an experienced credit controller to manage a portfolio of customer accounts
Responsible for taking full control and management of a portfolio of customer accounts, starting with obtaining an accurate meter reading to driving the cash flow and collections, hitting debtor day targets and reconciling accounts. You will have to resolve some queries, have strong negotiation skills whilst providing a first class customer service with all internal and external customers.
- To contact customers by phone and email to obtain an accurate meter reading
- To contact customers by phone, email and letter to collect outstanding payments and obtain accurate payment dates.
- To measure and increase the volume of accurate meter readings obtained, specifically looking at opportunities to automate/streamline the collection process.
- To reduce the monthly overdue ledger and minimise the bad debt write offs.
- To record promises to pay and follow up to ensure payment are made at the time promised.
- Maintain unallocated cash to an acceptable level.
- Capture details of disputed invoices, record the query details and either personally deal with the query or pass on to the relevant colleague for resolution.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer relationships are dealt with in a professional and friendly manner, always adopting the “right first time” attitude.
- Liaising with the Account Manager regarding overdue debt and escalating where appropriate.
- Produce timely and accurate reporting for management review (strong excel skills a pre-requisite)
- To be a flexible team player, with a “can do” approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office suite
- Tenacity and willingness to get the job done
- Experience of working on accounting systems
- Experience of working in a similar finance related role
- Comfortable in communication to all levels of the business
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Excellent customer focus
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workload according to business needs
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting software