Planning Officer - Development Management
The Planning Officer – Development Management is responsible, through the Development Management Team Leader, for contributing to the delivery of the land based planning service to the Council and the people of Shetland in accordance with the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Acts and the associated relevant planning and environmental Regulations.
The postholder will be required to carry out the full range of day to day functions and duties in accordance with the legislative requirements and the Council’s statutory duties, policies and priorities, as directed.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H/I/J/K/L
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1,998 per annum
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Full Time post for 37 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- This post attracts Essential Car User Allowance. For this, you must hold a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle for use during your employment. If you do not hold a valid driving licence, you must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date:
This post is temporarily based at Train Shetland, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: John Holden, Team Leader, on 01595 743898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Planning Officer - Development Management (H-L) A00591 Career Grade.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf
Relocation Policy (Updated Mar 2016).pdf
Planning Officer - Development Management (H-L) A00591.pdf