Machining Team Leader
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Machining Team Leader who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Machining Team Leader a competitive salary of £14 per hour plus shift allowances.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Machining Team Leader:
- As a “Supervisor” you are responsible for the team’s performance in line with the terms of the current plans, measure in terms of output, quality, safety etc.
- To create a plan which allows the team to effectively produce customer’s orders “On time and In Full” by strictly adhering to the production schedule.
- Ensure the team fully understand the plan and our expectations in terms f deployment of resources, documentation and quality requirements.
- Ensure the team records contract documentation, complete time sheets correctly and maintain high standards of workmanship.
- Work with team to ensure a robust shift handover system is followed.
- Ensure any machine/maintenance faults and problem are fixed/repaired/reported and logged to the respective fabrication service provider requesting a service engineer within their shift.
- Drive the team to ensure correct marking up of component parts and use of the labelling system is adhered to.
- Implement effectively the processes of change which occur within the team and department.
- To maintain a “No Fault Forward” environment.
- A hand over sheet is fully completed at the end of each shift
- The workshops and all its’ facilities are kept tidy and free from clutter at all times
- Operators are fulfilling their duties correctly and effectively at all times
- Racking systems are correctly utilised and boards are filled in
- Parts are flowing to the next process with correct labelling procedures
- “Route Cards” are being followed and signed off each operation
- Good communication exists between other department team leaders and that problems are addressed as a team
- Daily team leader meetings are attended/chaired and actioned
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Machining Team Leader:
- Relevant machine experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and additional MTL requirements
- Understanding of Company quality procedures and specific customer requirements
- Ability to work effectively and use own initiative
- Ability to lead and manage others to achieve desired results
- Communications Skills within Management Team
Machining Team Leader hours of work: 41.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Computershare Voucher scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Machining Team Leader please click ‘Apply’ now!
Apply for Machining Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly