Machining Team Leader
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Machining Team Leader who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding team based Rotherham. They are offering the successful Machining Team Leader a competitive salary of £14 per hour plus shift allowances.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
Key Responsibilities as their Machining Team Leader:
- As a “Supervisor” you are responsible for the team’s performance in line with the terms of the current plans, measure in terms of output, quality, safety etc.
- To create a plan which allows the team to effectively produce customer’s orders “On time and In Full” by strictly adhering to the production schedule.
- Ensure the team fully understand the plan and our expectations in terms f deployment of resources, documentation and quality requirements.
- Ensure the team records contract documentation, complete time sheets correctly and maintain high standards of workmanship.
- Work with team to ensure a robust shift handover system is followed.
- Ensure any machine/maintenance faults and problem are fixed/repaired/reported and logged to the respective fabrication service provider requesting a service engineer within their shift.
- Drive the team to ensure correct marking up of component parts and use of the labelling system is adhered to.
- Implement effectively the processes of change which occur within the team and department.
- To maintain a “No Fault Forward” environment.
- A hand over sheet is fully completed at the end of each shift
- The workshops and all its’ facilities are kept tidy and free from clutter at all times
- Operators are fulfilling their duties correctly and effectively at all times
- Racking systems are correctly utilised and boards are filled in
- Parts are flowing to the next process with correct labelling procedures
- “Route Cards” are being followed and signed off each operation
- Good communication exists between other department team leaders and that problems are addressed as a team
- Daily team leader meetings are attended/chaired and actioned
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Machining Team Leader:
- Relevant machine experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and additional MTL requirements
- Understanding of Company quality procedures and specific customer requirements
- Ability to work effectively and use own initiative
- Ability to lead and manage others to achieve desired results
- Communications Skills within Management Team
Machining Team Leader hours of work: 41.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Computershare Voucher scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Machining Team Leader please click ‘Apply’ now!