GP Liaison Officer
New opportunity not to be missed! Highgate Private Hospital, part of Aspen Healthcare Limited has an exciting opportunity for a GP Liaison Officer to join the team based in Highgate. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary.
We are proud to be 'Individually different. Altogether better' and it is only through our people that we will achieve our mission to:
“Provide first-class independent healthcare for the local community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families”
As the GP Liaison Officer, you will be responsible for developing, planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of the hospitals engagement strategy for the primary care referring community (NHS and Private General Practitioners, CCG Leads, Practice Managers, Medical Secretaries and all other Primary Care referral sources). Facilitating long term relationship development between hospital based Consultants and the local GP community, alongside actively encouraging positive engagement with the hospital and its services, is essential to this role. The Primary Care Manager is fully accountable for identifying business opportunities, and delivering GP patient referral number/revenue growth.
Key Responsibilities of the GP Liaison Officer
- Achieve objectives, including referral/revenue growth targets
- Develop and maintain an effective target list of GP Practices/Referring Organisations/Consortia/Commissioners/Individual Referrers according to own knowledge and market intelligence information available
- Achieve a consistently high level of regular face to face communication with target customers
- Identify the main service and clinical needs of referrers and users of the hospital and develop action plans to progress customers along the sales adoption ladder
- Ensure that all potential referrers, including GPs, are aware of the structure, function and scope of services in the hospital and how to refer patients
- To participate in strategic business planning and the budgeting process as required, including use of any planning tools e.g. SWOT, etc.
- Research and understand the local, competitor and national healthcare market, identifying PMI, Self Pay business growth opportunities within the Primary Care and overall Private Healthcare markets - lead on capitalisation of these
- Proactively seek and identify new business opportunities for NHS business growth with local GP’s, Commissioners and NHS Trusts, including any gaps in services that the Hospital may be able to put together a bespoke service for. Developing strong relationships with relevant CCG’s will be crucial to ensuring the hospital is at the forefront of any commissioning opportunities and events
- Represent the organisation professionally to a variety of stakeholders and complete ad hoc project work/duties as delegated by the Business Development Manager and/or Hospital Director
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the GP Liaison Officer
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Two years sales experience minimum
- Experience in leading networking and educational/training events
- Advanced selling and negotiating skills
- Educated to degree level or higher (Desirable)
- Marketing/Business Development qualification (Desirable)
- Selling skills training (Desirable)
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a GP Liaison Officer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling
Apply for GP Liaison Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly