Self-Employed Hearings Court Reporter
Do you have excellent English language skills? Good typing speed? And attention to detail? you are the perfect fit for this role!
You will be digitally recording several different types of legal hearings and keeping an accurate log of the proceedings using dedicated digital recording equipment supplied by the company. Most hearings will be based in Central London although there will be a limited number in Scotland, Wales and other locations within the UK. Cover of remote hearings will be by agreement. Travel and accommodation costs will be paid.
You will be technically adept, with excellent attention to detail and good time management. The successful candidate will present a professional appearance and will be required to wear formal business attire when attending hearings.
All candidates will undertake the on-line English, IQ and typing assessments. On successful completion of these assessments, you will receive full training in digital recording and logging.
Please note this is a self-employed role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To set up and fully test digital recording equipment prior to the start of the hearing
- To operate and monitor the equipment throughout the hearing to ensure that a constant and clear recording is being made
- To maintain a clear and accurate running log of the proceedings detailing the names of individual speakers and glossary information, noting the spelling of key words to facilitate the completion of an accurate, high quality transcript after the hearing
- To save and archive audio recordings using the conventions specified
- To report back to the UK resourcing team at the end of each working day
- To undertake training as and when required
- Educated to minimum A level or equivalent standard
- Good English language skills - grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a legal, parliamentary or business setting
- Technical competency with digital recording equipment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven written and spoken communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
- Professional service ethic
- Able to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Able to effectively problem solve
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Interest in the law and current affairs
- Earn extra money when it suits you
- A competitive rate of pay
PLEASE NOTE ONLY CANDIDATES WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
Apply for Self-Employed Hearings Court Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly