Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL / SQL)
Due to our continued international growth we’ve an exciting opportunity at Innovative Technology for a passionate Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL / SQL) to join our highly-successful, expanding team based in Oldham, Greater Manchester. You will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 - £45,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package.
At Innovative Technology we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 300 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 120 based in our state-of-the-art head office. If you’re a visionary in your field and unafraid to challenge the status quo, you could be exactly what we need to fulfil our goal of revolutionising the cash handling industry.
Your Package & Perks
- Flexible working hours, to fit around personal commitments and give you time off when you’d like it most (with many of our team finishing at 2 o’clock on Fridays)
- Paid breaks, in our own state-of-the-art open-plan offices, with free hot premium drinks
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you, and the option to add family members
- Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
We’re looking for a talented Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL) to design and produce high-level software web and desktop applications for global distribution, warehousing, production, reporting and sales order processing. The projects will be varied and involving, whilst adding significant value to our internal efficiencies, productivity and customer offering.
As our range of products and services expand we require an increasing level of core systems to support internal improvements, as well as cloud services and device interfacing solutions for increasing number of international customers.
This opportunity gives the successful candidate the chance to be part of a highly progressive, state of the art, cash handling equipment manufacturer, as we move into new markets. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in software design with the skills to understand the challenges of the global infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing as our Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL)?
- You’ll develop integrations between internal and third-party business applications
- You’ll maintain and improve existing applications, processes and systems
- You’ll write test specifications and procedures for new or modified software
- You’ll identify risks, devise robust application component testing, debug and provide creative software solutions
- You’ll conduct feasibility studies on ideas for new product concepts
- You’ll collaborate with the multi-disciplined R&D Engineers and Scientists
- You’ll create user and production support tools for the designs
- You’ll provide significant technical support and training to staff
Key Skills & Experience required of our Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL):
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject, is preferred
- Experience in C#, VB.NET, PHP and MySQL/SQL, is essential
- Experience in ASP.NET, node.js and/or MVC, is desirable
- Developing applications for a manufacturing/distribution business is desirable
- Track record of successful project delivery and development management
- Proven ability to write high quality code
- An analytical, creative and practical approach to solving problems
Who are we?
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we’ve modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our new Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL) then please click ‘Apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!