Digital Acquisition Manager
Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Acquisition Manager to join the team based in Thame. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary between £40,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience plus benefits.
As Digital Acquisition Manager for Travelodge you’ll maximise the return on investment of digital paid media digital advertising channels. You’ll deliver an increase in website bookings, revenue and visits while supporting key hotels and hotel locations identified by the business. You’ll be responsible for the management, optimisation and delivery of digital sales KPIs for one or more search or digital paid media channels.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop within an organisation where digital channels drive the majority of customer bookings with significant digital investment, and where the digital team has grown rapidly over the past 12 months. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the leading digital agencies - as well as direct contact with key digital partners such as Google and TripAdvisor.
What you’ll be doing as our Digital Acquisition Manager:
- Manage and optimise the digital paid media channels (e.g. display retargeting/prospecting, paid social media and direct booking channels through OTAs or 3rd party partners)
- Deliver digital acquisition and sales KPIs across the paid media channels e.g. bookings, booking revenue, average booking value and cost of sale targets
- Manage and report performance for the channel(s) you’re responsible for, both in terms of year on year performance, and performance vs budget and reforecasts - providing insight, commentary and action plans to address any performance variances
- Maximise ROI for one or more paid media channels while supporting the revenue team in maximising bookings for key hotels
- Develop innovative strategies, optimisation techniques and plans in digital paid media channels
- Provide performance plans and forecasts across one or more digital paid media channels
- Define and manage the roadmap(s) prioritising projects and optimisation activity working with digital agencies and/or in-house teams to deliver
- Manage the digital acquisition budget/media spend for one or more digital paid media channels
- Provide weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports on key KPI metrics, operational improvements and execution of defined strategies for the channels you’re responsible for
- Work closely with the IT and product teams to ensure optimisation of digital paid media channels
- Work with the data and product teams to improve the user experience and conversion rate optimisation of digital landing pages utilised in all search & paid marketing channels
- Work with the analytics team and/or our digital agency partners to ensure accurate and robust tracking, measurement and attribution is in place
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news, search algorithm updates, digital media trends and best practices
What we’ll expect from you as our Digital Acquisition Manager
To be successful in the role you’ll have demonstrable experience in managing one or more search or digital paid media channels eg ppc search, paid social, digital display, natural search/SEO across a consumer market. You’ll also have significant experience in digital marketing, acquisition/media channel management or ecommerce roles. As well as this you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent agency management and communication skills, you’ll be comfortable working with multiple agencies across various channels as well as in-house teams
- Strong analytical capability with experience of using a range of analysis, reporting and channel management/optimisation tools e.g. Google Analytics, Google Ad-Words, Webtrends, Hitwise, Doubleclick, together with bid management, SEO ranking, and keyword analysis tools
- A good understanding of budgeting and forecasting techniques incorporating channel specific key performance indicators
- Solid knowledge in digital media and online best practise, with specialist knowledge and experience in one or more search or digital paid media channels
- Being highly motivated, a self-starter with experience working in a rapid results driven environment
- Being well organised with a can-do approach, willing to get involved and focussed on channel performance, delivery and optimisation
- Attention to detail - both in terms of performance/KPI reporting, and providing supporting commentary
- Comfortable with data analysis, interpretation and reporting
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Digital Acquisition Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!