Self-employed Home-based Transcriber
Are you looking for flexibility, an opportunity to work the days and in some cases the hours that suit you personally? If yes, a great opportunity has arisen for the recruitment of Home-based Transcribers to work on a self-employed basis for our client, one of the world's leading legal process outsourcing LPO companies serving law firms and corporations around the globe.
You will be transcribing many different types of legal hearings following the Style Guidelines provided by our client. If you have experience in multi-speaker audio transcription, excellent English language skills, good typing speed and attention to detail, you are the perfect fit for this role. This opportunity gives you flexibility in your working hours plus the chance to work for a recognized global organization and be part of a successful and professional business.
You will be computer literate with access to a PC/laptop where encryption software can be installed, a fast broadband internet connection, Microsoft Word, headphones and software to play the audio files.
All candidates will undertake our client's on-line English, IQ and typing assessments. On successful completion of these assessments, you will receive full training in their transcription styles.
Please note this is a self-employed role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Transcription of multi-speaker audio including
- court proceedings, litigations and arbitrations
- company meetings
- disciplinary hearings
- Educated to minimum A level or equivalent standard
- Experience of transcribing multi-speaker audio
- Ability to type at a minimum speed of 70 wpm
- Excellent English language skills - grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a legal, parliamentary or business setting
- Computer literate
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven written and spoken communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
- Professional service ethic
- Able to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Able to effectively problem solve
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Able to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Interest in the law and current affairs
- Earn extra money when it suits you
- Ability to work from home
- A competitive rate of pay
If you have experience in multi-speaker audio transcription, excellent English language skills, good typing speed and attention to detail, you are the perfect fit for this role!
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.