Applications are invited for this post, to accurately typeset assessment materials across a range of subjects and levels in accordance with the planned schedule. The work will include using a PC and Apple/Macintosh equipment, running a range of DTP software.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Using DTP software and agreed templates, set up error free examination papers and assessment materials including modified papers in English, Welsh and Modern Languages transferring from either Word or handwritten formats.
- To typeset assessment materials as per house style, importing images, artwork, maps, graphs, texts, etc. as appropriate.
- To ensure that work is produced accurately, reviewing as necessary and making amendments before passing to the next stage of development, in accordance with the established procedures.
- Ensure proofs are produced on correct stock.
- To liaise with Planning and Scheduling assistants, DTP Team Leader, domain staff, examiners, operations and logistics staff and other WJEC staff, as appropriate on the development and processing of assessment materials.
- To maintain accurate records of all assessment material typesetting stages, updating the management system (currently QPMS) as appropriate.
- To maintain and update Focalpoint at all stages of assessment materials.
- To quality check work, ensuring that all issues highlighted by the proof- readers and subject/contracted staff have been addressed and that the checks are recorded using the appropriate check sheets and procedures.
- To check final versions of assessment materials and to liaise with appropriate staff to ensure accuracy and consistency before QP sign off.
- To maintain the confidentiality of assessment materials at all times and to declare any conflicts of interest to the DTP Team Leader or the Head of Assessment Materials Unit as appropriate.
- Contribute and support new ways of working with the aim of producing error free QP's.
- To fulfil any other duties appropriate to the post and as required by the DTP Team Leader.
Further information is available on the WJEC website.