Senior Network Engineer/Technical Lead
Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead
About the company
Backbone Connect are one of the fastest growing technology companies of our type in the UK. We’ve succeeded in a competitive industry by being different. Different in the way we treat our customers, different in the way we build our culture. Different in the way we recruit for our most important resource, our staff.
The role of the Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Network Engineer/Technical Lead, reporting to the Backbone Connect Service Delivery Manager while empowered with a high degree of autonomy.
You will be supporting a predominantly Cisco infrastructure network in a managed networks environment.
You will need an in depth knowledge of Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, F5 load balancing and ideally Juniper Firewalls.
In this role and as part of your duties, you will be involved in solution design, strategic network development and be acting as an escalation point for network incidents across several data Centres.
At this level it is expected that you will play a key part in projects, of which there will be plenty.
The ideal Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead
We are looking for an experienced senior engineer with the ability to think outside of the box to provide industry best practice solutions while also being able to realise unique customer requirements.
Strong communication is key and the ability to shine under pressure is important when interacting with our customers and resolving incidents.
The successful candidate will have the authority to task multiple tier 1 and 2 technical resources, so the ability to delegate and ensure completion of work is key.
Ideal skillset and experience for the Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead:
- To be successful in this role you should have an in-depth knowledge of Cisco Switches and Routers, F5 Load Balancing and Cisco Firewalls with knowledge of Juniper Firewalls being an advantage.
- Professional accreditation is a must, such as CCNA, CCNE, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS and JNCIA.
- As this is a senior role in the organization, strong industry experience and the ability to prove this is key.
Core tasks of the Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead:
- Network infrastructure maintenance and uplift
- Incident management and resolution
- Solution design and architecture
- Task assignment and delegation
- Technical validation of project work
- Mentor for junior team members
- 22 days’ holiday, plus your birthday off and one day extra for every year of company service
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Free access to our company Perkbox system (100’s of free benefits including discounted gym membership, restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets, mobile insurance, shopping discounts, etc.)
- Individual training budget for every employee
- Great social culture, regular staff events, energetic and motivated atmosphere