Position: Payroll/HR Administrator
Location: Birkenhead, Merseyside
Salary: £24,000 pro rata + 25 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays) + Contributory Pension Plan + UK Healthcare + Free parking
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 20 + Hours. You will need to be available to do 35 hours to cover for sickness/holidays and as necessary in the busy periods ie Sept-Dec
Our client is a rapidly expanding Financial/Marketing Services company based on the Wirral. They now require a Payroll/HR Administrator to join them.
The Payroll/HR Administrator Role:
To be successful in this Payroll/HR Administrator role, applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of actively running a medium-large payroll, and have a working knowledge of auto-enrolment, tax codes, year-end processes and all payroll calculations.
The successful candidate will manage a weekly and monthly payroll system utilising Sage 50 Payroll in conjunction with the Payroll Team. In addition, they will also perform a variety of HR administration tasks as required.
Weekly payroll may have up to 250 employees at any one time, monthly payroll may have approximately 275 employees, although this is expanding. The payroll increases significantly during August-January due to seasonal requirements.
Working within the Group Human Resources function, the job holder will work closely with payroll and HR colleagues. The job requires regular contact with a variety of people across the site, and also in Ireland. There is significant contact with Senior Managers, and some with Main Board members.
- Accurate checking & entry of salary, overtime & other payments
- Detection & resolution of anomalies
- Accurate data entry and production of reports
- Accurate entry of new starter details
- Accurate processing of leavers
- Calculation of items such as holiday pay and holiday entitlements in days and hours
- Accurate development of salary review sheets
- Accurate development/input of employees into Group Pension Plan/associated administration of the Plan
- Ensure compliance with auto-enrolment/NEST
- Checking of data input to ensure zero errors
- Compliance with employment legislation in terms of SSP/SMP etc calculations and payments
- Be able to provide advice regarding tax codes/NI calculations etc to employees & HR Manager
- Produce and check pay slips (weekly & monthly)
- Accurate completion of all journals
- Ability to complete year-end procedures
- Speedy and accurate resolution of queries
- Production of requested reports by the Human Resources Manager on items such as sickness payments/overtime etc
- Ensure regular payroll system maintenance and updates
- Generation of offer letters/contracts of employment
- Taking up/chasing reference enquiries
- Compilation of accurate sickness reports
- Formulation and distribution of disciplinary/grievance letters
- Ad-hoc employee letters
- Updating of HR handbook
- Regular, significant input of leavers details onto Excel spreadsheet
- Any other reasonable administration task as requested
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Training:
- Minimum of 24 Months experience in a similar payroll function
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 system
- Full knowledge of tax codes and NI letters and their meanings
- Fully conversant with all aspects of payroll management and year end procedures
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good inter-personal skills
- Flexible in hours worked
- Good understanding of excel/keyboard skills
- Previous experience of working in a Payroll and HR administration function is desirable, but not essential
Candidates without previous payroll experience will NOT be considered.
Only odd days holiday will be granted during September-November inclusive due to workloads.
Initial interviews will be held on 12/13th December, with 2nd interviews being conducted w/c 21st December 2016.
If you are interested in this Payroll/HR Administrator position, simply apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: Payroll, Sage, Tax, HR, Reconciliation, Overtime, Sick Pay, Pay Slips, Salary, Holiday Pay, Administrator, Auto-enrol