Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
Forum Business Media is a small, friendly and rapidly growing B2B subscription publisher and professional training company based in Twickenham.
PRIMARY AIMS OF PRODUCT MANAGER THE ROLE:
- The Product Manager will develop, launch and manage new subscription publications (digital and print) and events in markets new to the company.
- To maximise the profitability of new and existing products by monitoring financial performance and working with marketing.
- To deliver publications and events on budget, on schedule and to the highest quality to meet customer requirements.
- To research, develop, test and launch new products and product types in new markets in line with company business objectives and financial requirements.
- To solicit customer feedback, conduct market research and monitor market trends and competitor information in order to develop new products (and manage existing ones where required).
- To track trends for digital publishing and training with a view to developing and launching new products, and improving existing ones.
- To ensure that product development information is shared with head office and subsidiaries, and developments in other parts of the group that might benefit the UK company are monitored.
- To manage author/speaker care, including identifying and securing authors/speakers and ensuring that they receive all the briefing, training and feedback that they need to deliver high quality materials on time and within budget.
- To commission as required timely content for products as a result of market research and/or consultation with expert authors.
- To identify potential advertisers and sponsors, and communicating these to sales teams.
- To ensure that the appropriate quality checks and approval of all materials prior to editing/typesetting and printing/replication are carried out.
- To proactively seek systematic customer feedback to help monitor and improve product quality.
- To ensure that all financial checks are undertaken accurately and on time to ensure maximum value for money, to monitor the profitability of products of all types and to keep within budget.
- To ensure that all expenditure is undertaken according to company procedures.
- To assist with financial reporting and manage budgets.
- To assist the Managing Director in preparation of the annual budget as required.
- To assist with creating/monitoring product marketing plans/sales forecasts, to review the marketing for products and propose new target groups and marketing strategies/channels.
- To ensure the quality, accuracy, appropriateness and timeliness of copy and other materials supplied for marketing.
- To help to specify and source quality address data.
- To be proactive in the promotion of new products and events via social media.
- Degree-calibre with experience of B2B subscription/free circulation publishing/commissioning/events
- Knowledge of launching and/or managing digital publishing products
- Proficiency with digital communications and social media
- Knowledge of the dental, medical, NHS or charities sectors
- Self-motivated, with entrepreneurial ability to identify, research and quickly get to grips with opportunities in new markets to develop must-have new products
- Strong communications skills, including excellent written and spoken English and the ability to convey complex issues clearly and effectively
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Proven ability to network, influence and negotiate with experts, authors, speakers and suppliers
- Financial skills to monitor profitability, plan and manage a budget, plus proactively seek ways of reducing costs
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- IT skills in relevant Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Experience of production processes, project management, commissioning and editing.
- Leadership potential.
If you would like to be considered for this Product Manager role then please click ‘APPLY’ below.
View the original job article on Hiredonline